Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Prospect Park Wildlife Center
450 Flatbush Avenue
Phone: 718 399 7339
Statement of Purpose
The new Prospect Park Wildlife Center is a world of wildlife for the young at heart. Fascinating species, up-close viewing and educational exhibit themes add up to a unique, and fun learning experience.
Highlights & Collections
The World of Animals exhibit lets youngsters "hatch" from giant eggs, take a walkabout with wallabies, and experience the sights and sounds of wildlife along the Discovery Trail.
The Animal Lifestyles building introduces visitors to wildlife of the air, land, and water in stunning habitats. Be sure to look for our troop of hamadryas baboons.
Animals in Our Lives encourages children to observe and draw wildlife. They can learn about domestic animals and visit some friendly and touchable species in our barnyard.
Exhibits & Special Events
Featuring baboons, sea lions, red panda, cadybara . Prairie dog town, wallaby "walkabout," 2,500-square.-ft. Simulated Australian outback.
ANIMAL MYSTERY WEEKEND
- April 25 and 26 12:00 - 4:30
- Have a "wild and woolly" time down home at the barn. Watch the annual shearing of our three sheep and try your hand at spinning wool. Additional farm activities include: hay raking, butter churning, sack races, egg on a spoon relays, storytelling, crafts, and live animal presentations.
- May 16 and 17 12:00 - 4:30
- One of our chickens has flown the coop! Be an animal detective and follow clues to its whereabouts. Find camouflaged creatures and learn to identify animals from their tracks.
- Open 365 days a year.
- From April through October, open 10 am - 5 pm weekdays and 10 am - 5:30 pm weekends and holidays.
- From November through March, open 10 am - 4:30 pm daily.
Admission & Directions
- $2.50 adults;
- $1.25 seniors;
- $0.50 for children under 12;
- children under 3 are admitted free
Lewis Greene, Director
Donna Fernandes, Curator of Animals/Education
Tell us what you think.
Would you like to e-mail any
request to the museum?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Artcom Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.