Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
M I T Museum
265 Massachusetts Avenue
Phone: 617 253 4444 --
Statement of Purpose:
The MIT Museum is an extensive collection of art,
artifacts, drawings, photographs, and instruments documenting MIT's role
in 19th- and 20th- century science and technology.
Our collections in
holography, architecture, and nautical history are world-renowned.
--Discover where art and science meet at MIT Museum.
--Explore the real virtual reality in the Holography exhibition featuring works from our extensive holography collection
--Create exciting electromagnetic auras inside Bill Parker's interactive
--Build and exhibit your own fanciful structures in MathSpace.
--Discover the ingenuity of generations of MIT grads in the MIT Hall of
--Produce fascinating stroboscopic effects with Doc Edgerton's
"Remarkable Single Piddler Hydraulic Happening Machine."
Calendar of Events:
- Tuesday-Friday 10-5
- Saturday-Sunday 12-5
$3 adults/ $1, students, seniors, children
Key Personnel: Mary Leen, Acting Director
- Kurt Hasselbalch, Curator, Hart Nautical Collections
- Kara Schneiderman, Collections and Information Systems Manager
- Kimberly Shilland, Curator, Architecture Collection
- Michael Yeates, Keeper of Historical Collections
- Donald Stidsen, Manager of Exhibitions
- Ehry Anderson, Administrative Assistant
- Jeffrey Fitzgerald, Visitors' Services
- Kathleen Thurston-Lighty, Marketing and Public
Tell us what you think.
Do you have any additional
comments concerning this site?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.