Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Huntington Museum of Art
2033 Mc Coy Road
Huntington, West Virginia
Phone: 304-529-2701 --
TTY: 304 522-2243
Statement of Purpose:
American, French and English art from the 19th century to the present.
Highlights & Collections:
- Herman P. Dean Firearms
- permanent installation Gallery 12
- The Herman P. Dean Firearms Collection is the result of a lifetime of enthusiastic and informed collecting by Mr. Dean. The Coliection traces the use of firearms from the earliest hand cannon through the machine-made weapon of the l9th century.
- Glass Collection
- permanent installation Gallery 4
- The Huntington Museum of Art has joined ranks with the few American art museums with major glass collections on public view. Nearly one thousand glass objects, displayed in custom designed cases, are available for visitors to enjoy, tracing the development of glassmaking in the Ohio Valley. In addition, the Wilbur E. Myers Art Glass Collection affords visitors the opportunity to view rare New England and European Art Glass of the late 19th and eady 20th centuries.
- The Americans
- permanent installation Gallery 3
- From its beginning American art has been characterized by a search for an expression of what is "American" in our culture. Artists have chosen different images and materials to achieve this end. A selection of paintings, drawings, prints and decorative arts from the Collection explores the concepts of landscape and portraits. Fumiture and porcelain are incorporated into the exhibit to give a broad perspective on creative activity in America during the 19th and 20th centuries.
- In the Grand Manner: Silver and Portraits of Great Britain
- permanent installation Gallery 2
- Among the most treasured objects and works of art held
by the Hundngton Museum of Art are the 200 examples of Georgian silver and an
exquisite grouping of British portraits. Portrayed in these paintings by such
well known artists as Raeburn, Hoppner, Reynolds, Romney and Ferneley, are
English gentry like those who originally owned and used such precious
tableware. Many of the finest Georgian silver craftsmen such as Paul de
Launerie and Paul Storr will be included.
Exhibits & Special Events:
Admission & Directions:
Check with us at a later date.
Key Personnel: Mary Anne Pennigton, Director
Jennifer Mc.Vey, Public Relations Officer.
Tell us what you think.
Do you have any additional
comments concerning this site?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.