Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Brandywine River Museum
U.S Route 1 & Pennsylvania Route 100
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
Phone: 610-388-2700 --
Statement of Purpose:
To collect, preserve, exhibit and interpret significant
artistic and historic objects of American art for public
benefit and to provide facilities for this purpose.
American paintings, works by members of the Wyeth family.
Highlights & Collections:
The Brandywine River Museum is a unique showcase of American
This civil-war era grist mill converted into a modern
museum is famous for its unparalleled collection of Wyeth
family art and for its collections of American landscape and
still life painting and illustration.
original beams and wide board floors, while lobbies with
walls of glass provide expansive views of the river and
Outside, wlid flower gardens featuring
plants native to the Brandywine Valley encircle the museum.
The museum hosts a shop renowned for its books on American
art and Brandywine Valley artists, as well as fine art
reproductions and other gifts.
The museum's restaurant-cafe
overlooks the meandering Brandywine River. At a separate
site, but accesible by shuttle from the museum, the studio
owned and used by N.C. Wyeth is fully restored and is open
for guided tours on a seasonal basis.
- Art by members of the Wyeth Family: N.C. Wyeth, Andrew Wyeth, James Wyeth,Carolyn Wyeth, Henriette Wyeth Hurd
- American and Brandywine Valley landscape painting
- American still life painting (particularly trompe l'oeil still lifes)
- American illustration
- N.C. Wyeth Studio
October 28, 2000
9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
US Route 1 and Route 100
Chadds Ford, PA
Dance the night away at the "Allhallows Eve Costume Ball" in the
museum's "haunted" courtyard, featuring live music, a costume
competition, and complimentary food and beverage with
Call (610) 388-8315 for more information.
N.C. Wyeth Studio:
- Daily, except Christmas Day (December 25), 9:30
- April 1 - October 31, Wednesday - Sunday, 10
a.m.-3:30 p.m. by timed ticket only. Tickets must be purchased at the
Brandywine River Museum.
Admission & Directions:
- $5.00, adults
- $4.00, adult group rate (15 or more with advance reservation)
- $2.50, senior citizens (65 and older), students with ID, children ages 6 and over
- Free, children 5 and under and museum members
- N.C. Wyeth Studio, $2.50 in addition to regular
museum admission. The Studio is not open to children under 6.
The Brandywine River Museum is located on U.S. Route 1, just south of PA Route 100, in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania.
The museum is approximately 25 miles southwest of Philadelphia and 10 miles north of Wilmington, Delaware.
Check with us at a later date.
Key Personnel: James H. Duff, Executive Director
- George A. Weymouth, Chairman, Board of Trustees
- James H. Duff, Executive Director and Museum Director
- Gene E. Harris, Curator of Collections
- Jean A. Gilmore, Registrar
- Virginia H. O'hara, Associate Curator
- Mary W. Cronin, Supervisor of Education
- John E. Anderson, Business Manager
- Lucinda C. Laird, Director of Public Relations
- R. Scott Schroeder, Assistant To The Chairman (development Director)
- Victor T. Razze, Property Manager
- Jean B. Young, Museum Shop Manager
- Gregory Papiernik, Chief of Security and Safety
Tell us what you think.
Do you have any additional
comments concerning this site?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.