Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 West Seventh Street
Saint Paul, MN
Phone: (651) 225-6001 - Tty: -
Statement of Purpose
To be THE place where our community's children and the people who care about
them PLAY TO LEARN and LEARN TO PLAY.
Highlights & Collections
Minnesota Children's Museum is at the heart of where fun meets learning. It's a world of discovery where kids can touch, climb, splash, crawl, push, pull, and press it all! Children ages 6 months through 10 years and their adult guests can explore four permanent galleries packed with extraordinary hands-on adventures. Plus, two changing galleries host new and delightful traveling exhibits.
Other Fun Services We Offer:
- Unique, easy, and affordable. Dress up, get messy,
Family Science StoryPacks!
- Fun, take-home backpacks for children and adults to
Passport to Play!
- Visit a participating Saint Paul library
(Central-Youth Services, Lexington, Rice, or Riverview) and check out a free
admission pass to the Museum.
Rent a Museum!
- Rent a gallery or more for your next meeting or
Current Exhibits and Upcoming Special Events
Be an ant in Earth World Gallery!
Burrow through the maze-like tunnels and chambers of a giant anthill, create a boisterous thunderstorm, and forage in the forest.
Make a splash in World Works Gallery!
Make waves at a wild water table, operate the giant crane, and turn a gooey mess into paper art in the paper pulp factory.
Be a star in One World Gallery!
Take the stage in the TV and music studio, shop for groceries at the international market, and cook a mouth-watering meal at the Korean Cafe.
See what develops in Habitot(tm) Gallery!Babies and
toddlers ages 6 months to 4 years can safely creep, cruise, climb, and crawl
through four tot-friendly Minnesota habitats - the prairie, the pond, the
forest, and the bluff caves - created just for them.
- December (dates not firm)
- Global Shoes uses the everyday world of shoes to help
children and their families begin to understand the increasingly important
concepts of global community and interdependence. This exhibit introduces
authentic artifacts and fun and challenging interactive opportunities within a
shoe store and factory environment. Visitors can try on shoes from around the
world, learn how shoes mark rites of passage, and work in a shoe factory
placing orders for material, designing and producing shoes, and shipping shoes
out at the loading dock.
Hours:Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - Sunday . . .
Thursday . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9a.m.-8p.m.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9a.m.-5p.m.
(Mondays = Memorial Day
through Labor Day and holidays) <
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Admission & Directions:
- Age 3-59 . . . . . . . . $5.95
- Seniors (60+) . . . . . $3.00
- Toddlers (1 & 2 years) . $3.00
- Infants (under 1) . . . FREE
- Members . . . . . . . . FREE
- For information about memberships, call 651-225-6004.
- For information about group discounts and reduced admission for low-income families, call 651-225-6001.
- For information about corporate consignment/discount
tickets, call 651-225-6035.
Find us at the corner of Seventh and Wabasha Streets in downtown Saint Paul.
Carleen Rhodes, President
- Nancy Lee, Vice President of Finance and Administration (651) 225-6010
- Kelly Finnerty, Director of Education, (651) 225-6018
- Randy Fricke, Director of Operations (651) 225-6032
- Nita Hughes, Director of Marketing (651) 225-6014
- Linda Johnson, Director of Development (651) 225-6013
- Jim Roe, Director of Exhibits (651)
Tell us what you think.
Would you like to e-mail any request to the museum?
If you wish to receive some information on how to get
your museum on the Artcom Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.