Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Mississippi Museum of Art
201 East Pascagoula Street
Phone: 601 960 1515 - Tty: - 888-660-1515
Statement of Purpose
To enlighten and enrich the lives of Mississippians by collecting, preserving, exhibiting and interpreting works of art from a broad spectrum of artistic traditions with special attention to Mississippi and the South.
Highlights & Collections
- The Mississippi Museum of Art is the largest art museum in Mississippi and offers a balanced program of both historical and contemporary works by artists of regional, national and international significance.
- Through exhibitions organized in-house and those borrowed from other museums as well as major national and international traveling presentations, the Museum highlights a broad range of artistic traditions for all audiences.
The MMA's Permanent Collection includes more than 3,100 works of art and is home to the world's largest collection of art by and relating to Mississippians and their culturally diverse heritage. The collection is also notably strong in nineteenth- and twentieth-century American and European art, Japanese prints, pre-Columbian artifacts, photographs by Southerners and about the South, folk art and Oceanic artifacts.
Exhibits & Special Events
Mississippi Museum of Art's Collection Gallery is home to changing exhibitions drawn from the Permanent Collection.
- Regular Museum hours are: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday noon to 5 p.m.
- Hours for Our Nation's Colors, March 7 - July 27 are: Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Friday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Admission & Directions:
- Regular admission: Adults $3; Students age 6 through college and senior citizens 60 and over $2; Children age 5 and under free; Museum Members free.
- Admission to Our Nation's Colors: A Celebration of American Painting Adults $6; Seniors 60 and over $4; Children age 6 through college $3; Age 5 and under free; Museum Members free; Groups of 10 or more receive $1 off admission price.
- Interstate 55 to Pearl Street Exit.
- Pearl Street to Lamar Street.
- Left on Lamar to Pascagoula.
- Museum is on corner of Lamar and Pascagoula Streets.
R. Andrew Maass, Director
- Nina Moss, Assistant to the Director for Board and Major Donor Relations
- Sheryl Trim, Director of Administration
- Julie Norris, Office Manager
- Chris Haddad, Chef, The Palette Restaurant
- Rene Paul Barilleaux, Chief Curator
- L.C. Tucker, Chief Preparator
- Anne Ferris, Director of Development
- Melissa Bracken, Public Relations Officer
- Joanna Sternberg, Curator of Education
- Anand Michael, Chief of Security
Tell us what you think.
Would you like to e-mail any request to the museum?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Artcom Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.