Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Woodmere Art Museum
9201 Germantown Avenue
Phone: 215/247-0476 - Tty: -
Statement of Purpose
To serve the public through exhibitions and educational programs that communicate the significance of the art and artists of the Philadelphia region and their prominence in American art history.
Highlights & Collections
- Woodmere is housed in a 19th century Victorian mansion on six acres in the historic Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia. Eight galleries (including a grand rotunda) support an active exhibition schedule featuring local and regional talent.
- A dedicated children's gallery exhibits six to eight shows annually from public and private schools. Woodmere for Kids: Guide and Game Book is available free of charge to young visitors.
- Museum Store carries beautifully handcrafted jewelry,
pottery, art to wear, etc.
19th century and contemporary art.
- Approx. 2500 artworks in the permanent collection include a strong representation of works by Philadelphia area artists including Thomas Birch, Herman Herzog, Frederick James, Edward Moran, George W. Nicholson, Edward Willis Redfield, Albert Rosenthal, Paul Weber, Benjamin West and N.C. Wyeth.
- Woodmere holds one of the largest collections
anywhere of works by local artists Violet Oakley, Robert Riggs, and Herbert
Pullinger. The Pennsylvania Impressionist collection includes Walter Elmer
Schofield, George William Sotter, and Daniel Garber, to name a few.
Exhibits & Special Events
CALENDAR of EVENTS for the coming season 2000-2001http:// www.woodmereartmuseum.org
(exhibitions, classes, lectures pages)
- Tues. - Sat. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sun. 1 to 5 p.m.
- Closed Mondays and major holidays
Admission & Directions:
Suggested donation $3. Children under 12 free.
15 minutes northwest of Philadelphia's Center City
Dr. Michael W. Schantz, Director & C E O
- Patricia A. Hoffman/Development Director
- Meri Adelman/Curator of Education
- Mildred Staib/Registrar
- Natalie M. Greene, Public Relations Manager
Tell us what you think.
Would you like to e-mail any request to the museum?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Artcom Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.