Listing sponsored by
Breakthrough. No Shots
Science response to skin aging.
Mutter Museum - College of Physicians
19 S 22nd Street
Phone: 215-563-3737 - Tty: -
Statement of Purpose
The Mutter Museum's goal is to educate the public about how medicine was practiced and taught in the past through the display of old medical equipment and real and wax teaching models.
Highlights & Collections
- -The connected liver of Chang and Eng, the original Siamese Twins
- -The Soap Lady, a woman whose body tissue turned into a soap-like compound after her death, preserving her body
- -Bladder stones removed from Chief Justice John Marshall by Dr. Philip Syng Physick
- -One physician's lifetime collection of items he has extracted from children's throats after they had swallowed them
- -Original Iron Lung Machine
- -Re-creation of a 19th Century physician's office
-Mutter collection of bones, wet specimens, plaster casts, wax and papier-mache models, dried preparations, and medical illustrations
-The Hyrtl Skull Collection, featuring 139 skulls from Central and Eastern Europe
Exhibits & Special Events
Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 4pm
Admission & Directions:
- $8.00 General Admission for Adults
- $4.00 Reduced Admission for Children 6-18 years of age, Senior Citizens (62+), students with valid College ID, and Adult Groups with prior reservations
- $3.00 Student Groups with prior reservations
- $16.00 Family Rate
- FREE for Fellows and Members of the College of Physicians, children under 6, and American Association of Museums individual members
Gretchen Worden, Museum Director
Tell us what you think.
Would you like to e-mail any request to the museum?
Do you wish to receive some information on
how to get your museum on the Artcom Museums Tour?
Thank you again for your visit.
This page and all contents are © 1995-2014 Art Emotion Corp., IL. USA.
All information is subject to change - This document is non contractual.